- Very remote place with view towards the open sea and the Lyngen Alps
- Choose between 5 days/4 nights (every Sunday – Thursday) or 4 days/3 nights (every Thursday – Sunday)
- Northern lights workshop and snowshoe tour
- Choose between dogsledding and snowmobiling
- Comfortable cabins, full pension and transfer from Tromsø
- Spa bath with sauna and jazucci
Season: From 1 December to 31 March (except 22 – 27 Dec.)
Accommodation: XLyngen is situated almost at the northern tip of the Lyngen peninsula, in the village Nord-Lenangen. The 5 cabins and 2 apartments are comfortable and well equipped and lie directly next to the sea. Here you can escape from daily routines and stress and find peace in the quietness of the arctic nature. Every cabin has a kitchen, living room and one bathroom.
Day 1: Pick up at the hotel or airport in Tromsø with our minibus. The travel to XLyngen takes about 2 hours and include one ferry passage over the Ullsfjord.
After arriving and checking into your fishermen’s cottage at XLyngen, you will be served a bowl of soup and freshly baked bread before we head off on a short excursion. We will take you out into the nature for a Northern Lights workshop. It’s an easy walk (in winter using snowshoes) and we will show you some tricks to take good photos of the aurora borealis (1 hour).
Day 2: After breakfast, we leave for a walk/snowshoeing trip to the northernmost tip of the Lyngen Peninsula – Lyngstuva. We will walk along the coast until we reach the lighthouse and a small cabin where we can eat packed lunches, which we made at breakfast and enjoy a hot drink (about 4 hours).
At around 2pm we are back in the camp. That gives you some time to relax and explore your surroundings.
At 17.00 we serve dinner made of local fish or meat (2-courses included non-alcoholic drinks)
After dinner, it is time for relaxation using the sauna and/or hot tub. It is a cozy option to sit in the warm water while looking at the Northern Lights.
Day 3: After Breakfast, you participate in dog sledding or snowmobiling. Please let us know what you want to do, so we can book your choosen activity.
Read descriptions for the activities under
At 17.00 (5 pm) dinner will be served and afterwards we go on a Northern Lights Safari with snowshoes (in autumn without snowshoes). We hike to a marvelous place with a great view over the Lyngen Alps and the sea – no light pollution, which means that this is the perfect place to take pictures and to watch the Northern Lights. Warm drinks and headlamps we provided for the trip.
Option 1: When you stay 4 days (Thursday – Sunday), you will check out after breakfast and return by minibus to the Airport in Tromsø. If you have time before the departure of your flight, you can go on a sightseeing and shopping trip to the city of Tromsø.
Option 2: When do you stay 5 days (Sunday – Thursday) you can participate in optional activities (see descriptions below) or just relax and enjoy the arctic silence.
Lunch will be served during daytime and dinner in the evening.
Day 5 (Option 2): After breakfast check out and return to Tromsø by minibus.
- Option 1 (4 days): NOK 11, 495 per person in a double room
- Option 2 (5 days): NOK 13,299 per person in a double room
- Single room suppl. NOK 3.000,-/4.000,-
- Baby’s 0 – 2 years free, children up to 12 years 50% discount
- Group discount when sharing one cabin:
- 3-4 persons in one cabin: NOK 10 720,- (4 days) or 12 265,- (5 days) per person
- 5-6 Persons in one cabin: NOK 9 936,- (4 days) or 11 226,- (5 days) per person
This package includes:
- 3 or 4 nights in a double room with full board
- Transfer from/to Tromsø
- 1x guided Northern Lights workshop
- 1x guided Northern light Safari
- 1x guided Snowshoetrip to Lyngstuva
- 1x Dogsledding OR snowmobiling
- 1x Jacuzzi/ sauna
- Free uses of snowshoes/ kick sledges
This package excludes:
- Alcoholic drinks
Participants: Min. 2 people
Season: 1 December to 31 March (except 22 – 27 Dec.)
- Whale watching (from 1.November – 15. January): With a 29 feet boat, we will go out to find orcas or humpback whales. The trip will included warm clothes and warm drinks and last at least 6 hours – 2.500,- NOK
- Ice fishing (from January to March): We provide you with warm clothes and fishing equipment. Then we go by foot or snowshoes over the frozen sea ice. Here we will drill a hole and fish for cod or sea trout. During the fishing trip we will serve warm food and drinks. At around 2pm we are back in the camp. That gives you some time to relax and explore your surroundings. Duration 3-4 hours. 1.450,- NOK –
- Dogsledding (if you booked snowmobiling as the included activity): Meet a local musher at his kennel and learn how to drive a sled dog team. You will get a personal experience with the dogs and can pet and play with them all together in the open area of the dog yard before and after the dogsledding. Afterwards you will get a cup of coffee or tea by a campfire and get answer’s to your questions about almost anything regarding mushing. Included transfer. Duration 5-6 hours. 1 895,- NOK
- Snowmobiling (if you booked dogsledding as the included activity): Before your tour starts the guide will provide you with warm clothes and information with regard to safety and how to operate the snowmobile. During the tour, you will stop at several viewpoints to take pictures of the arctic scenery. We will serve warm drinks and snacks during the trip. Duration ca. 4 hours. 1.895,-
- Northern Lights Snowmobiling: We start at around 8pm to drive into the Lyngen Alps with a snowmobile until we reach a cozy wilderness cabin without any light pollutions. Here we will wait until we can see the Aurora dancing on the sky. We will be back at midnight. Duration ca. 4 hours. 1.895,-
- Cross-Country Skiing: Go with us on a cross-country ski tour in the Lyngen Alps. The tour takes about 4 hours included breaks in between where we serve warm drinks and snacks. Included ski, ski shoe and poles. NOK 950,-
- Lyngen Reker: Visit the local shrimp factory, learn about the profession and life of the fishermen and learn how to properly and fast peal shrimps. NOK 1.350,-
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions or if you need assistance concerning your booking:
Email: email@example.com – Tel.: +47 77 21 08 50
We are a member of the Norwegian Travel Guarantee Fund.