- Very remote place with view of the open sea and the Lyngen Alps
- Choose between 5 days/4 nights (every Sunday – Thursday) or 4 days/3 nights (every Thursday – Sunday)
- Northern Lights workshop
- Northern Lights snowshoeing trip
- Guided walk/snowshoeing trip Lyngstuva
- Comfortable cabins and apartments out in the wilderness, including full pension and transfers from Tromsø
- Spa with sauna and hot tub
- Optional additional activities, such as dog sledding, whale watching, snowmobile safaris or a visit to the local shrimp factory
Season: From 1 December to 31 March
Accommodation: The Lyngen Havfiske & Tursenter is situated in the village of Nord-Lenangen, which is almost on the northern tip of the Lyngen Peninsula. The five cabins and two apartments are well equipped, providing comfortable accommodation right by the water's edge. You can escape from your daily routines and stress, and find peace and tranquillity in the quietness of the Arctic nature. The cabins each feature a kitchen, lounge and private bathroom.
Day 1: Pick up in Tromsø either at your hotel or the airport and travel by minibus to the Lyngen Havfiske & Tursenter. This scenic trip takes about 2 hours and includes a ferry crossing over the Ullsfjord.
After arriving and checking into your fishermen’s cottage at the Lyngen Havfiske & Tursenter, you will be served a bowl of soup and freshly baked bread before we head off on a short excursion. We will take you out into the nature for a Northern Lights workshop. It’s an easy walk (in winter using snowshoes) and we will show you some tricks to take good photos of the aurora borealis (1 hour).
Day 2: After breakfast, we leave for a walk/snowshoeing trip to the northernmost tip of the Lyngen Peninsula – Lyngstuva. We will walk along the coast until we reach the lighthouse and a small cabin where we can eat packed lunches, which we made at breakfast and enjoy a hot drink (about 4 hours).
We will return to the camp around 1.00 (2pm). This will give you time to relax and explore your surroundings.
At 17.00 (5pm) we serve a two-course dinner based on local fish or meat (including non-alcoholic drinks)
After dinner, it is time to relax in the sauna and/or hot tub. Relaxing in the warm water while gazing up at the Northern Lights is an amazing experience.
Day 3: After Breakfast, you can participate in optional activities like whale watching, fishing from a boat or in wintertime dog sledding, snowmobiling or ice fishing. Other options are to visit the local shrimp factory or participate in a Northern Lights painting workshop.
Alternatively, you can get some cross-country skis, snowshoes or a kick sledge and go on an excursion on your own nearby. You can enjoy your packed lunch in our lavvu tent.
At 17.00 (5pm) dinner will be served and afterwards we go on a Northern Lights Safari using snowshoes (in autumn without snowshoes). We hike to a wonderful place with a great view of the Lyngen Alps and the sea. There is no light pollution, which means that this is the perfect place to experience and photograph the Northern Lights. We will provide hot drinks and headlamps.
Option 1: If you stay for 4 days (Thursday – Sunday), you will check out after breakfast and return by minibus to the airport in Tromsø. If you have time before your flight departs, you can go on a sightseeing and shopping trip to the city of Tromsø.
Option 2: If you stay for 5 days (Sunday – Thursday), you can participate in optional activities (see descriptions below) or just relax and enjoy the Arctic silence. Packed lunch during daytime and dinner in the evening.
Day 5 (Option 2): Check out after breakfast and return to Tromsø by minibus.
- Option 1 (4 days): NOK 7, 495 per person in a double room
- Option 2 (5 days): NOK 8,995 per person in a double room
This package includes:
- 3 or 4 nights in a double room with full board
- Return transfers from Tromsø
- Guided Northern Lights workshop
- Guided Northern Lights Safari
- Guided Snowshoe trip to Lyngstuva
- 1 x sauna and hot tub
- Free use of snowshoes/kick sledges
This package excludes:
- Alcoholic drinks
Participants: Min. 2 people
Season: 1 December to 31 March (except 21 – 27 Dec.)
Optional Activities for day 3 or 4:
- Whale watching (from 1 November - 15 January): We head out in a 29-foot boat to spot orcas or humpback whales. The trip lasts approx. 6 hours and the price includes warm clothes and hot drinks – NOK 1,995
- Fishing trip by boat (from September to December): We will go out by boat with a skipper who knows the region well. He will show you how to use the rod and where to catch fish. You can usually catch cod, halibut or sea trout for the dinner at night – NOK 1,795
- Ice fishing (from January to March): We provide you with warm clothes and fishing gear. We then set off on foot or using snowshoes over the frozen sea ice. We will drill a hole in the ice and fish for cod or sea trout. The trip lasts 3-4 hours and we will serve hot food and drinks. We return to the camp at around 14.00 (2pm). That gives you some time to relax and explore your surroundings – NOK 1,350
- Northern Lights safari by car: If the weather isn’t good enough at the western side of the Lyngen Alps, we will drive with you to other spots. The tour starts around 20.00 (8pm) and lasts until midnight - NOK 1,350
- Dog sledding: Before your tour starts, the guide will provide you with warm clothes and instructions about safety and how to drive your team of dogs. The dogs are friendly and enjoy their work. You get a chance to get to know them on your trip where you are surrounded by breathtaking nature, steep mountains and enchanted valleys. After you return to the basecamp, you will be served a hot lunch before returning to Lyngen Havfiske & Tursenter (Duration 5-6 hours) - NOK 1,850
- Snowmobiling: Before your tour starts, the guide will provide you with warm clothes and instructions about safety and how to operate the snowmobile. During the tour, you will have several stops to photograph the Arctic scenery. Initially, we drive on easy terrain and follow the local valleys. After you return to the basecamp, you will be served a hot lunch before returning to Lyngen Havfiske & Tursenter (Duration 4 hours). NOK 1,795
- Visit to Lyngen Reker: Visit the local shrimp factory, learn about the profession and life of the fishermen and learn the correct and quickest way to peal shrimps - NOK 800
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions or if you need assistance concerning your booking:
Email: email@example.com – Tel.: +47 77 21 08 50
We are a member of the Norwegian Travel Guarantee Fund.